Welcome to my world!

Sometimes I feel like that old tree on the ridge. I've experienced and learned so much in my life, and continue to learn and grow in my environment. My sense of what's good and right and valued comes from the wonderful people I've encountered; my faith in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and my delightful children & grandchildren who continue to teach and refine my perspective.



And yet, like that old tree, I am standing, sometimes alone, to represent those good and grand values, standards and goals. My roots strongly cling to the rocks and sparse dirt that sustains me. My arms and face reach to the sky acknowledging how small I am compared to the vast universe of creation. I feel the sun on my face and the wind as it passes me by; and I have felt the fury of storms filled with debris, as they assail me with doubts, insecurities, and wounds from the past.



Join me as I journey through life, sifting through the chaff and tares of mortality and striving every day to make something good out of the tools I have been given.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Christmas Letter 2010


Greetings to all of our friends and family! So much has happened that Christmas of 2010 snuck up on our hectic lives and it was too late to get anything in the mail. So here is the top ten events of the Dennis and Glenna traveling show 2010 and 2011:


      10     We are indeed in Mississippi! Dennis has returned to nuclear power and is assigned to Grand Gulf for an upcoming outage that will take us into 2012. (Feb 2011 - present)
      9       Dennis was assigned to the “Katrina Wall Project” in New Orleans. We lived in a hotel, toured the area’s attractions, made friends and basked in Southern hospitality. (March 2010 – Feb 20 2011)
      8       Since we were far from family, we engaged an impromptu trip to Disneyworld where the Mouse catered the joys and experiences that will be part of our memories together. (Nov 2010)
      7       April 2011 found us cruising to and around Mexico and Belize where we toured four separate Mayan and Aztec ruins, including Chichen Itza.
      6       August 2010 we cruised to Alaska where we embarked on an extended land tour bringing us within the shadows on Mt McKinley and in the neighborhood of many bear, moose and caribou. It was both educational and inspiring and included a visit with Kirsten and Ila.
      5       Thanksgiving is a family event, so we traveled to Massachusetts in 2011 to enjoy the celebration with Dennis’ mother and sister’s family.
      4       In June of 2010 the bi-annual Hangen reunion was held at our house in Colorado. It was a dream come true for Glenna to gather together family that is scattered across the country as they came together to celebrate their unity in the finely woven fabric of history.
      3       Laura was blessed with a companion where the relationship blossomed, matured and culminated in a wedding in June of 2011.
      2       David and Kevin both served in Iraq and were both blessed to come home safely, reuniting with their families, while Jon was reunited with his family after his tour in Afghanistan.
      1       Three new additions to the family were welcomed in: Jeffrey born in April 2010 to David & Collette; Aisley, born in December 2010 to Kirsten & Jon; and Tavin born in July 2011 to Jason & Nicole.

As you can see, life has not been boring for us. We are constantly facing new opportunities, new challenges and new experiences in our united pathway through life. Christmas will find us cruising the Hawaiian Islands and it looks like Georgia will be our next assignment, where we will continue to bask in that old Southern hospitality once more.
God has blessed us abundantly as He has many of you. This is that time of year where we pause to reflect on the greatest of all those blessings – the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior. Even though many are trying to remove Him from this celebration, we add our voices to the chorus of truth declaring that Jesus is the Christ, He was born to a virgin mother, He did teach the gospel of salvation, and He eventually suffered and died for our sins. May your life be blessed with the greatest blessing of all; to know that little Babe of Bethlehem who taught the truth of the gospel, suffered because of it and eventually died to fulfill all righteousness. We wish you a Merry Christmas and hope that you keep the true spirit of the season in your life. We celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment